post.featuredImage.title

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless and potentially lethal gas. It can be given off by the incomplete burning of gas by household appliances, when there is an insufficient air supply - this is called "incomplete combustion". CO poisoning can occur via a shared flue or chimney, or even from a neighbour's appliance. Incomplete combustion can occur when: There is a problem with the appliance, following poor maintenance or servicing The appliance was incorrectly installed or commissio...